Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Case of the Terrier Teeth

I'm sure you know that one of the great joys in my life is my Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, Jake. He is a snuggly, cute, (mostly) well-behaved dog, who is also my best friend. One problem, though, is that Jake likes to destroy his toys.

EXHIBIT A: EVIDENCE
 Dog Toy - 25 cents
(depicted after 2 minutes of play time)

This was a major problem when his mother (me) was stupid enough to buy him new toys from the store, ranging from $5.00 to $15.00 EACH. Boy, was that a poor choice. He may be cute, but this little guy can demolish a toy in about 60 seconds flat. Don't let his little puppy eyes fool you for one second. If you click the photo to enlarge it, I am in no way responsible for your melting heart.

EXHIBIT B: THE SUSPECT

Gosh! He is so adorable. Needless to say, I have been on the hunt for dog toys during my garage sale adventures. Even small kids toys will suffice, as long as they don't have pieces that Jake can swallow and such. This past weekend, I found some toys at a garage sale for a quarter each. Sure beats store prices!

Stretchy Toy - 25 cents
Rope Toy - 25 cents
"Mooing" Cow Toy - 25 cents

I was so excited to find these! Not only are they quality brands, but they're super cute! The cow is my favorite. He moos like a real cow, causing Jake's head to turn from side to side in utter confusion. Jake really loved his new stretchy toy with tennis balls on the ends. After about 4 minutes of play-time, I caught him red  handed  pawed!

EXHIBIT C: THE CRIMINAL

EXHIBIT D: THE AFTERMATH

See? I would've been really upset if I paid full price. If he wasn't so darn cute, and lovable, and fun, we might get mad more often. How can we though? Just look at this face:

Worth EVERY penny!

Take Time for Lemonade,
Kris

4 comments:

  1. He he he! Such a cute post and a silly puppy! Just wanted to let you know that I am featuring your Vision picture on my blog tomorrow @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com Hope you stop by and grab a featured button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only buy toys from the Dollar Tree for Speedy now. He has once destroyed the "destructible" toy in 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter has a West Highland Terrier named Jake. I call him a West Highland Terror. He throws tantrums like a two year-old when he doesn't get his way (pulls all the towels off the towel bars and throws his ball at you!) But he's so darn cute, you just can't stay mad at him. Your Jake's a cutie, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Westies sure do have a personality! I grew up with a Cairn (very similar to Westies). Gotta love terriers! They're so much fun. Jake's a lot bigger, though - he's a big terrier (48 pounds)! I love him like a child.

      Delete