Sunday, March 24, 2013

Wild Irish Rose

My husband and my lovely next-door-neighbor were installing some new stairs in our home today. I couldn't find much to do during the process, so I went into the basement and made art.

I call this "Wild Irish Rose"

To make this, I used:

- An old wine bottle
- Vintage magazine ads (60's/70's)
- Old sheet music ("Wild Irish Rose")
- Decorative paper
- An old clip-on earring
- Glitter
- Paper letters
- Buttons, sequins, beads
- Old couch fabric samples
- Ribbon
- Flowers
- Alcohol ink

I think it looks pretty cool! I just love the "wild" feel of it, and I adore the lady with her feisty expression. The little fabric/earring hat completes her ensemble. I'd definitely hang out with this chick.

Unfortunately, I'm not Irish. But I'm sure I can find a "Wild Irish Rose" who would love to own this piece.

Take Time for Lemonade,
Kris

1 comment:

  1. LOVELY...if I were an Irish Rose I would definitely put my order in for one of those unique creations!!!

    ReplyDelete