I won a blog award! I am so excited! YIPPEE!
A BIG thank you to Jennifer from Pieces to Treasure for nominating my blog for this award. I feel so honored! I must say, I really enjoy your blog, too. I love being considered a "versatile blogger." From crafts, to garage sale finds, to random thoughts on life - I like to write about it all. I thought this was called randomly unfocused - but "versatile" sure sounds more pleasant!
This honor includes the following...
1. Thank the blogger who nominated me
2. Include a link to his or her site in the post
3. Include the above award image in your post
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 5 other bloggers for the award
6. When nominating include a link to the site
7. Let other bloggers know they have been nominated
Alright. Here are my random facts...
1. I am married to my high school sweetheart, Bill. I love him more every day, and we have so much fun together. We live in a comfy home with my Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier. His name is Jake, and he brings us constant smiles and genuine joy.
2. I am a high school English teacher and am also involved with various activities in the school, like Marching Band, Speech Team, and Group Interpretation Play. During the school year, I'm usually incredibly stressed and busy. I don't have as much time for crafts, either, which is unfortunate. I'm currently working on my second graduate degree and can't wait until I'm finished!
3. Going to garage sales is a real joy for me. It is one hobby that I can say fills me with a sense of purpose and pride. I love to turn random strangers' "junk" into my own type of treasure . View more thoughts on this here - where I reflect on what the "junk life" means to me. Obviously, you can tell by this blog that I love to be creative and make pretty things.
4. I love all things DISNEY. Walt Disney World is my favorite place ever. There is something so wonderful and magical about Disney; it definitely holds a special place in my heart. I have so many fond memories of going to Disney World with my grandparents. One of my life's dreams is to visit Disney every year (this dream is still pending). I also love Disney movies and collecting Disney memorabilia. Minnie Mouse is my favorite.
5. Country music is also a big part of my life. It speaks to me. Ever since I was a little girl, I have been listening to country music, and it has continued to inspire me and shape who I am as a person. I guess you can say I have a Southern soul.
6. I love to read and write. There is something wonderful about being able to express my thoughts freely and precisely through writing. I'd like to do more of it, though. My favorite author is definitely Jen Lancaster. We have a lot in common, and she writes memoirs that really crack me up. She's a hoot.
7. I truly enjoy life's simple pleasures. I love lemonade stands, dogs of all shapes, sizes, and breeds, daisies, talking with senior citizens, farmer's markets, ice cream, roller coasters, sidewalk chalk, sno-cones, flip flops, and driving with the windows down on a sunny day. I also love all things vintage - especially old books, cameras, keys, clocks, and advertising. Oh, and I truly believe that a nice, quiet nap can cure almost anything.
I am happy to nominate the following blogs for their spunk and versatility:
Geneva at My Heart's Song
Brittany at Crafty Mischief
Michelle at Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Awdrey at Sweet Art
Clydia at Three Mango Seeds
These blogs definitely show personality and fun, all while providing creative ideas accompanied by vivid, beautiful photos. They're a joy to visit and I think you'll love them, too!
This was fun. Yay for blog love!
Take Time for Lemonade,